Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.37+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Nick Hornby Giles Smith Helen Fielding Roddy Doyle Irvine Welsh Zadie Smith Dave Eggers Robert Harris Melissa Bank Patrick Marber Colin Firth John O Farrell</b>Compiled by bestselling author Nick Hornby and featuring brand new stories from the hottest writers on both sides of the Atlantic, <b>Speaking with the Angel</b> is a fresh and funny collection that is sure to be the literary anthology of the year.Here is a book that was inspired by a very special boy and a very special school. Some money from each copy of <b>Speaking with the Angel</b> sold will benefit autism education charities around the world, including The Treehouse School in London, where Nick s son Danny is a student, and the New York Child Learning Institute here in the States. This project is truly a labor of love for Hornby and the other writers involved, many of whom are Nick s friends.These original first-person narratives come from the most exciting voices in fiction. Melissa Bank gives readers a glimpse into the mind of a modern New Yorker whose still-new relationship is a constant source of surprise in The Wonder Spot. In Zadie Smith s I m the Only One, a young man recalls his strained relationship with his diva-esque sister. Dave Egger s After I Was Thrown in the River and Before I Drowned, is told from the viewpoint of an unfortunate pit bull. Helen Fielding offers up a new twist on I ve fallen and I can t get up in Luckybitch. And in Nick Hornby s NippleJesus, a bruiser finds out that guarding modern art is far more hazardous than controlling the velvet ropes at a nightclub. <b>Speaking with the Angel</b> also includes stories from Roddy Doyle, Irvine Welsh, Colin Firth, John O Farrell, Robert Harris, Patrick Marber, and Giles Smith. Twelve completely new stories, written by twelve undeniably imaginative voices. <b>Speaking with the Angel</b> is at turns clever, outrageous, witty, edgy, tender, and wicked. This is what they meant by original.</p></p></p></p>
- Author BiographyNick Hornby is the author of the novels <i>How to Be Good</i>, <i>High Fidelity</i>, <i>About a Boy</i>, and <i>A Long Way Down</i>, as well as the memoir <i>Fever Pitch</i>. He is also the author of <i>Songbook</i>, a finalist for a National Book Critics Circle Award, and the editor of the short story collection <i>Speaking with the Angel</i>. The recipient of the American Academy of Arts and Letters E. M. Forster Award for 1999 as well as the 2003 Orange Word International Writers London Award, he lives in North London.
- PublisherRiverhead Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiverhead Books
- Weight213 g
- Width129 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byNick Hornby
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.