All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis must-have guide to special event production resources looks deep behind the scenes of an event and dissects what it is that creates success. It analyses the resources and is an extensive reference guide to the technical details of a big event. It provides a thorough grounding on the specifications and performance of lighting and audio systems, visual presentation techlogy, special effects and temporary outdoor venues. This new edition includes: * New content on: new audio -visual techlogy, industry safety standards, special effect platforms, decor and new custom forms of staging for both indoor and outdoor events. * Updated and new case studies from USA, Canada, India, Russia and Malaysia * New Industry Voice feature, including interviews with industry experts from around the world. * Comprehensive coverage of venues, staging, seating, rigging, lighting, video, audio, scenic design and decor, CADD, entertainment, special effects, tenting, electrical power, fencing and sanitary facilities in a variety of indoor and outdoor event settings. * Enhanced online resources including: PowerPoint lecture slides, checklists, glossaries, additional questions and challenges, web links and video links. Incorporating pedagogical features, this easy-to-read book is packed with photographs, diagrams, flow charts, checklists, sample forms and real-life examples. The vast varieties of audio-visual techlogies, outdoor venues, decor and staging are presented. A must have resource for event planners, managers, caterers and students. This text is part two of a two book set - also available is Special Events Production: The Process (978-1-138-78565-6). This book analyses the process - the planning and business aspects - to provide a unique guide to producing a variety of events from weddings to festivals.
- Author BiographyDoug Matthews has over 30 years' experience in the events industry. For 19 years he owned an award-winning production company based in Vancouver, Canada, followed by lecturing at a local university. He continues to deliver guest lectures and to write on subjects concerning the industry.
- Author(s)Doug Matthews
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/09/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note116 colour illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 70 colour illustrations, 46 colour line drawings
- Weight771 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.