All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.17
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book fills a gap in the dissemination of practitioner research on special and inclusive education in Ireland. The successful implementation of an inclusive education policy is a process which depends largely on the attitudes, kwledge and competencies of teachers. In this volume, teacher-researchers report on work undertaken within the Special Education Department of St Patrick's College, Drumcondra, Dublin. The studies are grouped around three key issues: responding to diversity, access to the curriculum and collaboration for inclusion. They offer valuable insights into the challenges and barriers to inclusive education and point to ways that schools can address these challenges from the perspective of small-scale research. The authors draw on a range of research methodologies, from single case experimental design to case studies, in order to illuminate the issues at the level of the individual student, teacher, class and school. The book is relevant to all who have an interest in practitioner research, the implementation of inclusive education and how policy translates in individual contexts.
- Author BiographyTherese Day is a Senior Lecturer and Director of the Masters in Special Educational Needs in the Special Education Department, St Patrick's College, Drumcondra, Dublin. She is a former primary school teacher in both mainstream and special schools. She has published in the areas of special and inclusive education in relation to literacy, learning support, the role of special schools and collaborative practice in mainstream schools. Joseph Travers is a Senior Lecturer and Director of the Special Education Department, St Patrick's College, Drumcondra, Dublin. He is a former primary school teacher in both mainstream and resource settings. He has published in the areas of policy and practice in special education, learning support for mathematics, inclusion, leadership and early intervention.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication30/10/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight630 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBetiel Wasihun,Joseph Travers,Kristina Mendicino,Therese Day
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.