All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevoted to providing readers with a state of the art guide to the competencies required for the specialty practice of cognitive and behavioural psychology, Specialty Competencies in Cognitive and Behavioural Psychology describes and defines the foundational and functional competencies that guide best practices in this specialty. Influenced by a profession-wide recognition of the unique and distinct nature among psychological specialty practice as well as efforts to define professional competence, this book illustrates how cognitive and behavioural psychologists actualize each area of professional activity associated with the areas of competence currently delineated by professional psychology through national consensus working groups and conferences. Sections of this book provide information for best practices designated under the main areas of foundational and functional competencies, with each chapter focused on a specific area of competence. These include chapters focused on foundational kwledge that informs competent cognitive and behavioural specialists, with regard to theory and scientific research, ethical practice, and competence in individual and multicultural diversity. Delineated functional areas of competence include assessment methods, case formulation, interventions, consultation, supervision, and teaching. Professional competencies with regard to therapeutic and collegial interpersonal interactions and identity as well as continuing professional development are also addressed. This book will be an important resource for all professional psychologists interested in developing competencies in the cognitive behavioural psychology specialty, and especially for current applicants seeking board certification through the American Board of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychology, a recognized specialty board of the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP). Series in Specialty Competencies in Professional Psychology Series Editors Arthur M. Nezu and Christine Maguth Nezu As the field of psychology continues to grow and new specialty areas emerge and achieve recognition, it has become increasingly important to define the standards of professional specialty practice. Developed and conceived in response to this need for practical guidelines, this series presents methods, strategies, and techniques for conducting day-to-day practice in any given psychology specialty. The topical volumes address best practices across the functional and foundational competencies that characterize the various psychology specialties, including clinical psychology, cognitive and behavioural psychology, school psychology, geropsychology, forensic psychology, clinical neuropsychology, couples and family psychology, and more. Functional competencies include common practice activities like assessment and intervention, while foundational competencies represent core kwledge areas such as ethical and legal issues, cultural diversity, and professional identification. In addition to describing these competencies, each volume provides a definition, description, and development timeline of a particular specialty, including its essential and characteristic pattern of activities, as well as its distinctive and unique features. Written by recognized experts in their respective fields, volumes are comprehensive, up-to-date, and accessible. These volumes offer invaluable guidance to t only practicing mental health professionals, but those training for specialty practice as well.
- Author BiographyChristine Maguth Nezu, PhD, is Professor of Psychology and Medicine at Drexel University and Clinical Director of Nezu Psychological Associates Practice and Consulting. Christopher R. Martell, PhD, ABPP, is Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology at University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. He is also a licensed and board certified psychology at Martell Behavioral Activation Research Consulting. Arthur M. Nezu, PhD, is Distinguished University Professor at Drexel University and Director of Research Consulting at Nezu Psychological Associates Practice and Consulting.
- Author(s)Arthur M. Nezu,Christine Maguth Nezu,Christopher R. Martell
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpecialty Competencies in Professional Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.24
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.71
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.