All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $120.00Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.97Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last two decades, the study of speciation has expanded from a modest backwater of evolutionary biology into a large and vigorous discipline. Speciation is designed to provide a unified, critical and up to date overview of the field. Aimed at professional biologists, graduate students and advanced undergraduates, it covers both plants and animals and deals with all relevant areas of research, including biogeography, field work, systematics, theory, and genetic and molecular studies. It gives special emphasis to topics that are either controversial or the subject of active research, including sympatric speciation, reinforcement, the role of hybridization in speciation, the search for genes causing reproductive isolation and mounting evidence for the role of natural and sexual selection in the origin of species.
- Author BiographyJERRY A. COYNE is Professor in the Department of Ecology and Evolution at the University of Chicago, USA. H. ALLEN ORR is Professor in the Department of Biology at the University of Rochester, USA.
- Author(s)H. Allen Orr,Jerry A. Coyne
- PublisherSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/06/2004
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSunderland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), maps
- Weight885 g
- Width180 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.