All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book clearly explains what Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) are, and describes the symptoms of conditions most commonly encountered in the mainstream classroom: dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, and OCD. The author provides an overview of the strengths and weaknesses commonly associated with each of these conditions, as well as practical suggestions for modifying teaching materials and methods to make learning enjoyable, effective and accessible for students. There are also dedicated chapters on helping students with SpLDs to develop effective revision skills and exam techniques. This straight-talking and accessible guide is ideal for teachers, teaching assistants, and those in school management who want to kw more about supporting students with Specific Learning Difficulties.
- Author BiographyDiana Hudson is a tutor and mentor to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD), as well as a subject classroom teacher (biology) and learning support teacher and SENCO. She has a diagnosis of dyslexia, and is a parent to four children, three of whom have been diagnosed with SpLD. Diana lives in Buckinghamshire, UK.
- Author(s)Diana Hudson
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note40 black and white line drawings
- Weight181 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jon English
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.