All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by a wide range influences including early-twentieth century Russian avant-gardists, British science fiction and dystopian vels, as well as contemporary American velists <i>Specimen</i> is a highly original collection of stories that explore the place where physical reality collides with our spiritual and emotional lives. In Mamochka, minated for the 2012 Journey Prize, an archivist at the Institute for Physics in Minsk, must come to terms with her daughter s marriage to a Chinese man in Vancouver. In Peptide P, scientists study a disease of the heart that seems to affect children after they eat hotdogs. In Side Effects, a woman s personality is altered by botox injections. In Specimen a teenage girl discovers that she was conceived using a sperm dor. In The Big One, a woman and her daughter find themselves trapped in the rubble of an underground parking garage after an earthquake. In The Blood Keeper, a vella, a young academic travels to North Korea to work on her dissertation and embarks on a dangerous affair.
- Author Biography<b>Irina Kovalyova</b> is currently a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry at Simon Fraser University. She has previously interned for NASA and worked for two years as a forensic analyst in New York City. She was born in Russia and lives in Vancouver.
- Author(s)Irina Kovalyova
- PublisherHouse of Anansi Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHouse of Anansi Press
- Weight318 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.