All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.66
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.71
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.59
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.85
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.74
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $88.77
About this product
- DescriptionSome buildings are so tall it's hard to grasp just how far they rise into the air. In this book, kids will discover the most spectacular skyscrapers in the world and come to understand their incredible features through size comparisons and dazzling photos. For example, readers will learn about the tallest building in China, the Shanghai World Financial Center. Its 1,614 feet (492 m) talla big number thats easier to understand if you kw it's equivalent to a thousand giraffes stacked on top of one ather! And then there's the Taipei 101, which at 1,670 feet (509 m) is the tallest office building in the world. If the building were laid flat on the ground, it would stretch across five-and-a- half football fields placed end to end. Now that's a big building! Packed with large, full-color photos and fascinating comparisons, Spectacular Skyscrapers will help readers understand the larger-than-life features of these buildings in terms they can understand. Stat boxes on each spread provide a quick rundown of the key features of each building.
- Author(s)Meish Goldish
- PublisherBearport Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleSo Big Compared to What?
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBearport Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width208 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.