All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionSuperbly organized and of great pedagogic value, Spectroscopy in Catalysis describes the most important modern analytical techniques used to investigate catalytic surfaces. These include electron, ion, and vibrational spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, temperature-programmed techniques, diffraction, and microscopy. With the focus on practical use, rather than theory, each chapter presents current applications to illustrate the type of information that the technique provides and evaluates its possibilities and limitations, allowing selection of the best catalyst and the correct technique to solve a given problem. This third edition includes significant new developments and case studies, with all the chapters updated by way of recent examples and relevant new literature. For students and for everyone who wants a digestible introduction to catalyst characterization. From reviews of the previous editions: This is a truly valuable book ...very useful for industrial practitioners who need to be aware of the type of information that can be obtained from modern surface spectroscopies ...The book has a superb pedagogic value... --Journal of Catalysis ...this is an excellent text on spectroscopies in catalysis and I highly recommend it for . ..introductory courses on heterogeneous catalysis or as a general introductory mograph. --Journal of the American Chemical Society
- Author BiographyJ. W. Niemantsverdriet is Professor Physical Chemistry of Surfaces, Director of the Schuit Institute of Catalysis and Dean of the Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry. He is (co)author of about 185 scientific papers and of 3 books (see also www.catalysis.nl). Hans has been Editor of the Journal of Catalysis since 1996, and served as Managing Editor of CaTTech between 1996 and 2001. He is member of the Editorial Boards of Applied Surface Science, and Physical Chemistry - Chemical Physics. He served as Chairman of the Netherlands Vacuum Society NEVAC (1997-2000) and as President of the European Federation of Catalysis Societies, EFCATS (1999-2001). His research interests include heterogeneous catalysis and surface reactivity. He frequently presents lectures and short courses based on his books all over the world.
- Author(s)J. W. Niemantsverdriet
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication06/06/2007
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight734 g
- Width180 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementCompletely revised and enlarged ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.