All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionIDES have been realized in modulation doped AIGaAs/GaAs heterostructures by fabricating split-gate configurations and ultrafine etched structures with optimized lithography and etching techniques. With deep-mesa etching technique it is possible to prepare single and multi-layered quantum wire systems. From dc magnetotransport typical confinement energies of 2me V are determined. The FIR response is strongly governed by collective effects which give the resonances the character of local plasmon modes. In multi-layered quantum wire structures a splitting of the plasmon dispersion in longitudinal and acoustical type of layer-coupled local plasmon modes is observed. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT We would like to thank K Ploog for providing us with excellent samples and ackwledge financial support from the Bundesministerium fur Forschung und Tech- logie, Bonn. REFERENCES 1K-F. Berggren, T. J. Thornton, D. J. Newson, and M. Pepper, Phys. Rev. Lett. 57, 1769 (1986) 2H. van Houten, B. J. van Wees, M. G. J. Heijman, J. P. Andre, D. Andrews, and G. J. Davies, Appl. Phys. Lett. 49, 1781 (1986) 3J. Cibert, P. M. Petroff, G. J. Dolan, S. J. Pearton, A. C. Gossard, and J. H. English, Appl. Phys. Lett. 49, 1275 (1986) 4T. P. Smith, III. , H. Art, J. M. Hong, C. M. Kedler, S. E. Laux, and H. Schmid, Phys. Rev. Lett. 59, 2802 (1987) 5M. L. Roukes, A. Scherer, S. J. Allen, Jr. , H. G. Craighead, R. M. Ruthen, E. D. Beebe, and J. P. Harbison, Phys. Rev. Lett.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/03/2013
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number206
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note215 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1281 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byAnnalisa Fasolino,Gerhard Fasol,Paolo Lugli
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.