Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionRespected professor, avid researcher, and prolific author Carole T. Ferrand offers a brand new edition of her widely-read and highly-regarded resource for students and clinicians of the communication sciences and disorders. Speech Science: An Integrated Approach to Theory and Clinical Practice, 3/econtinues to highlight the close relationship between the scientific study of speech production and perception, and the application of this data to the evaluation and treatment of communication disorders. Dr. Ferrand integrates scientific material on the acoustics, anatomy, and physiology of speech production and perception with state-of-the-art instrumental techniques used in clinical practice to create the most comprehensive, detailed approach to the subject. While the focus of the book remains unchanged, the text w features a new re-organization for a greater flow of information, all chapters have been updated with current research, and additional integrative case studies have been included within many of the clinical chapters.
- Author BiographyCarole T. Ferrand, Ph.D., is Professor of Speech, Language, and Hearing Science at Hofstra University. Her research interests include the acoustic aspects of normal and disordered speech production in monolingual and bilingual speakers, and the acoustics of birdsong. Dr. Ferrand earned a B.A. from Witwatersrand University, and her M.S. and Ph.D. from Pennsylvania State University, University Park.
- Author(s)Carole T. Ferrand
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication20/02/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, figures
- Weight885 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.