All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book demonstrates how students can apply what they have learned to bridge the gap between theory and therapy as they begin their professional practice. The authors argue that the only way to be ready to face the demands of professional practice and life-long learning is to acquire a thorough understanding of the process and practice of clinical work. Fully revised, this second edition incorporates: new standards of service delivery and clinical competencies; registration of the profession under the Health Professions Council; collaborative working with shared client programmes and records; client-centred philosophy and social models of intervention. The authors emphasize the need to have a sound kwledge of what the profession is and who it encompasses; the awareness of the concepts that underpin decision-making, planning and choice of activities; and understanding of the philosophies that drive the choice of working practices.
- Author BiographyMonica Bray, Speech and Language Sciences Group, Leeds Metropolitan University and Celia Todd, Speech and Language Therapist, Trecare, NHS Trust, formerly of Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Author(s)Alison Ross,Celia Todd,Monica Bray
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/10/2005
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhurr Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.