Speech to Print Workbook: Language Exercises for Teachers by Louisa Cook Moats, Bruce Rosow (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.85+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSAVE 10% when you order the text and workbook together!One of the most popular and influential reading textbooks of the past 10 years gets a comprehensive update in this highly anticipated second edition, straight from rewned NCTQ-recommended expert Louisa Moats. Updated meticulously with the very latest research, the new edition of this bestselling text helps elementary educators grasp the structure of written and spoken English, understand how children learn to read, and apply this foundational kwledge as they deliver explicit, high-quality literacy instruction.With extensive updates and enhancements to every chapter, the new edition of Speech to Print fully prepares today's literacy educators to teach students with or without disabilities. Teachers will get<ul><li>in-depth explanation of how the book aligns with the findings of current scientific research on reading, language, and spelling</li><li>expanded information on the critical elements of language, including orthography, morphology, phonetics, phology, semantics, and syntax</li><li>new and improved exercises teachers can use to test and reinforce their own kwledge of language content</li><li>teaching activities that help teachers connect what they learn in their coursework with what they'll be doing in the classroom</li><li>new chapter objectives that make it easier to plan courses and review key concepts</li><li>more samples of student writing to help teachers correctly interpret children's mistakes</li><li>expanded sample lesson plans that incorporate the language concepts in the book</li><li>a cleaner, easier-to-navigate layout</li></ul>A core textbook for every preservice course on reading instruction, this accessible text is also perfect for use in inservice professional development sessions. Educators will have the kwledge they need to recognize, understand, and resolve their students' reading and writing challenges and improve literacy outcomes for their entire class.
- Author BiographyLouisa Cook Moats, Ed.D., has published many book chapters, journal articles, and policy papers on reading instruction. Formerly Project Director at the District of Columbia Public Schools site of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) Early Interventions Project, Dr. Moats is now an independent consultant and writer who specializes in the professional development of teachers of reading and writing. Dr. Moats spent the 1996-1997 school year as a visiting scholar at the Sacramento County Office of Education, where she authored and presented leadership training materials on early reading for the California State Board of Education. These materials are now required content in all of the professional development programs conducted under Assembly Bill 1086 in California. Dr. Moats received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Wellesley College, her Master of Arts degree from Peabody College of Vanderbilt University, and her doctorate of education in reading and human development from the Harvard Graduate School of Education. She worked as a teacher, neuropsychology technician, and specialist in learning disorders prior to her doctoral training. She was a licensed psychologist in private practice for 15 years in Vermont and a graduate instructor both at Harvard and at St. Michael's College in Winooski, Vermont, where she developed innovative courses for teachers linking the disciplines of linguistics and reading education. Specializing in reading development, reading disorders, spelling, and written language, she has written and lectured widely throughout the United States and abroad. She has taught courses in teacher education at the Greenwood Institute in Putney, Vermont, and at Simmons College in Boston. Her publications include this text's companion workbook, Speech to Print Workbook: Language Exercises for Teachers (Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., 2003); journal articles; book chapters; a classroom basal spelling program; a book titled Spelling: Development, Disability, and Instruction (York Press, 1995); and a book for parents, co-authored with Susan L. Hall, Straight Talk About Reading: How Parents Can Make a Difference in the Early Years (Contemporary Books, 1999). Bruce L. Rosow, Ed.D., completed his doctoral studies in educational psychology at American International College. He began his career teaching fourth- and fifth-grade students for 12 years at Guilford Central School in Southern Vermont. He then spent 4 more years at Guilford working with intermediate and middle school students teaching word study and remedial math. During this time, Dr. Rosow worked with Dr. Louisa Moats to design word study lessons for his diverse students based on the principles of structured language instruction. The result was Spellography (with Louisa Cook Moats; Sopris West, 2003), a word study curriculum for intermediate and middle school students. Dr. Rosow has also been involved in writing the morphology strand for the Language! curriculum (Sopris West). He is currently the academic dean at the Greenwood School, a residential school for intermediate and middle school boys with language-based learning differences. Dr. Rosow also teaches courses at Simmons College in the Language and Literacy Program using Speech to Print: Language Essentials for Teachers, Second Edition (Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., 2010), as the primary text.
- Author(s)Bruce Rosow,Louisa Cook Moats
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.