All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe only thing better than climbing is more climbing, says climber and author Hans Florine. This book is a complete introduction to the techniques of speed climbing, including training, soloing, simul-climbing, passing, equipment, and more. Also includes a history of speed climbing and compiles speed-climbing records.
- Author BiographyHans Florine is a professional climber, writer, photographer, and outdoor guide who holds numerous speed records in outdoor climbing, from sport routes to alpine ascents. He was a U.S. National Champion in Difficulty and Speed Climbing, a World Champion in Speed Climbing, and a three-time gold medalist in Speed Climbing at the X Games. For four years he served as the executive director of the American Sport Climbers Federation, the governing body for competitive climbing in the United States. He lives in Lafayette, California. Bill Wright is a software engineer and enthusiastic weekend climber with a passion for all things climbing and a boundless curiosity about the techniques of the super speed climbers. He spent nine years living in the Bay Area and climbing most of the structures in Yosemite. Recently, Bill has turned more and more to speed climbing. He enjoys alpine climbing, big walls, scrambling, and cragging. He lives in Superior, Colorado.
- Author(s)Bill Wright,Hans Florine
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Series TitleHow to Climb Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFalcon Guides
- Content Note32 illustrations
- Weight18 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.