Speed it Up!: A Non-Technical Guide for Speeding Up Slow Computers by Michael R. Miller (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.21+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionSpeed It Up! A Non-Technical Guide for Speeding Up Slow Computers Does your PC perform like grandma on a cold winter morning? Does it limp along slowly through everyday tasks, such as starting up, shutting down or just opening an email? Are you wondering if your PC's get up and go has got up and left? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is the book for you. Sure, there are uber-geeky guides out there that provide tweaks and customizations appealing to the pocket protector nation, but there is other book that addresses these common problems at the everyday consumer level. We think it's time for a book that covers all of these topics in a way that appeals to real humans, like you. Let us help you keep your PC running like it did the day you brought it home from the store. * Troubleshooting-We show you how to diagse the cause of your PC's dawdling behavior. We help you determine whether the culprit is your hardware, software, the network, a cluttered registry, or even a virus. * Software-We show you dozens of easy, n-techy things you can do to speed up Windows, your applications, your Internet apps, and more. * Hardware-We show you easy upgrades you can do yourself. The solutions we provide are easy to implement. * Network-We show you how to easily fix network issues that are robbing you of precious time. * Buyer's advice-If it's time to put your beloved PC out to pasture, we offer some tried and true advice for choosing a new PC and keeping it in tip-top condition. CATEGORY: Windows Operating Systems COVERS: Windows XP, Windows Vista USER LEVEL: Beginning-Intermediate
- Author BiographyMichael Miller has written more than 80 non-fiction how-to books over the past two decades, including Que's Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computer Basics, Easy Computer Basics, Your First Notebook PC, Wireless Networking with Microsoft Windows Vista, and How Microsoft Windows Vista Works. Mr. Miller has established a reputation for clearly explaining technical topics to non-technical readers and for offering useful real-world advice about complicated topics. More information can be found at the author's website, located at www.molehillgroup.com.
- Author(s)Michael R. Miller
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight524 g
- Width177 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.