Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.79Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.09Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.23Trending at AU $41.07
About this product
- DescriptionEight ancient legends of Ireland, told for younger children by an acclaimed Irish writer and reviewer. The stories are all linked by themes of magic and enchantment, and are perfectly matched by Irish illustrator Olwyn Whelan's brightly coloured and decorative paintings. The stories included are: Butterfly Girl;The Children of Lir;Labhra with the horse's Ears;The Enchanted Birds; Cu Chulainn and Emer; The Enchanted Deer; The Land Under the Waves; Oisin in Tir na nOg.
- Author BiographySIOBHAN PARKINSON grew up in Galway and Donegal, and writes for adults and children. The Moon King won the Bisto Merit Award and an IBBY Certificate of Honour for Writing; Four Kids, Three Cats, Two Cows, One Waitch (Maybe) also won the Bisto Merit Award; and Sisters... No Way! won the Bisto Book of the Year Award. Siobhan lives in the Republic of Ireland with her husband and son. OLWYN WHELAN was a newspaper cartoonist and graphic designed before becoming a freelance illustrator. He goal is to produce timeless books that children will treasure for life. She has illustrated many children's picture book collections, including Celtic Memories, The Mermaid of Cafur and The Barefoot Books of Princesses (all Barefoot Books). Olwyn lives in Ireland with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Siobhan Parkinson
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Out-of-print date19/04/2016
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width214 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Olwyn Whelan
- Interest AgeFrom 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.