All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs with many teachers, I have often been both frustrated and anyed when trying to follow a formal spelling programme. Frustrated because the programme had t been designed to cater for the students' specific needs; anyed because there had been real purpose or direction in the programme other than to give the students a list of unrelated words to learn in order to be tested. To overcome both of these feelings I decided to devise spelling activities that would be reinforcing, user-friendly and provide a basis for improving spelling skills. They also needed to be fun, interesting and motivating to the students.The words would have relevance to everyday use so that students would easily learn their meanings and kw how and when to use the words correctly and effectively. The dictionary would become the students' key resource, and hopefully, best learning tool. To these ends I have included a variety of activities including crosswords and basic exercises to help consolidate the skills being developed. The words have been collected from a range of sources such as standardised high interest word lists. Some are what I call 'everyday' words, topic words and extension words. - Bob Fleming (author).
- Author BiographyBob Mills is a highly experienced and respected teacher. Dr Nancy Mills, Adult Literacy/Numeracy author and editor, has over 25 years of combined experience in the adult education areas of teaching, tutor training, curriculum development and publishing.Dr Graham Lawler is a teacher, author and broadcaster. He has over 27 years of experience in education teaching from primary schools through to secondary schools including sixth form A level teaching in the U.K. and at University level.
- Author(s)Bob Fleming
- PublisherGLMP Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2008
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleAdult Skills Literacy for Living
- Place of PublicationAbergale
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notephotographs
- Width171 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byDr. Graham Lawler,Dr. Nancy Mills
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.