All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Faerie Queene is a scholarly masterpiece that has influenced, inspired, and challenged generations of writers, readers and scholars since its completion in 1596. Hamilton's edition is itself, a masterpiece of scholarship and close reading. It is w the standard edition for all readers of Spenser. The entire work is revised, and the text of The Faerie Queene itself has been freshly edited, the first such edition since the 1930s. This volume also contains additional original material, including a letter to Raleigh, commendatory verses and dedicatory sonnets, chrology of Spenser's life and works and provides a compilation of list of characters and their appearances in The Faerie Queene.
- Author BiographyA C Hamilton is the retired Cappon Professor Emeritus at Queen's University, Kingston, Canada. He is the General Editor of Spenser Encyclopedia.
- Author(s)Edmund Spenser,Hiroshi Yamashita,Shohachi Fakuda,Toshiyuki Suzuki
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/08/2006
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLongman Annotated English Poets
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1550 g
- Width189 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byA. C. Hamilton
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.