All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn Spent, editor Kerry Cohen opens the closet doors wide to tales of women's true relationships with shopping, from humorous stories of love/hate relationships with the mall to heartbreaking tales of overspending to fix relationships. With a contributor list that includes table female writers like Emily Cheweth, Ophira Eisenberg, Allison Amend, and Aryn Kyle, the essays each shine light on the particular impact shopping has on all of us. Whether they're cleaning out closets of loved ones, hiding a shoplifting habit, trying out extreme couponing, dividing up family possessions, or buying a brand-new car while in labor, the book's contributors vacillate between convincing themselves to spend and struggling t to. This illuminating anthology links the effects shopping has on our emotions -- whether it fills us with guilt, happiness, resentment, or doubt -- our self-worth, and our relationships with parents, grandparents, lovers, children, and friends.
- Author BiographyKerry Cohen is the author of eight books, including the memoirs Loose Girl: A Memoir of Promiscuity and Seeing Ezra: A Mother's Story of Autism, Unconditional Love, and The Meaning of Normal; Dirty Little Secrets: Breaking the Silence on Teenage Girls and Promiscuity, a sociological examination of the loose girl issue; three young adult novels; and two forthcoming titles. Cohen has appeared on Dr. Phil, Good Morning America, The Jeff Probst Show, the BBC, and a number of other television and radio shows. Her essays have appeared in the Modern Love column in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Portland Monthly, Brevity, and many other publications. She has been an Oregon Book Award finalist four times over. She blogs for Psychology Today and The Huffington Post, and also has her own blog, The Autistic Carpool, which charts the adventures of the carpool she drives to her son's school. She teaches in the Red Earth Low-Residency MFA program and is also a counselor, currently working on her PsyD and specializing in sex and relationships.
- Author(s)Kerry Cohen
- PublisherAvalon Publishing Group
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Publishing Group
- Weight271 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.