All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeficiencies in sperm function are usually the result of spermatogenic defects. Spermatogenesis is a biologically complex and essential process during which spermatogonia undergo meiotic recombination, reduction of the geme to a haploid state, and extensive cellular modifications that result in a motile cell capable of traversing the female reproductive tract, withstanding various potential assaults to viability, and finally successfully fertilizing a mature oocyte to give rise to an embryo. Defects in any step of spermatogenesis or spermatogenesis can lead to male infertility, a disease that affects approximately 5-7% of the population. Spermiogenesis and Spermatogenesis: Methods and Protocols details protocols used in the study of spermatogenesis, clinical analytical protocols, and basic techniques used in clinical andrology laboratories, such as obtaining accurate results for a sperm count, and advanced procedures, such as geme-wide genetic study tools and evaluation of nuclear proteins. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and tes on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Spermiogenesis and Spermatogenesis: Methods and Protocols is unique in its breadth, and will be a useful reference for clinicians and researchers alike.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note18 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1197 g
- Width178 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byDouglas T. Carrell,Kenneth I. Aston,Lori Barnard
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.