All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.61
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
About this product
- DescriptionMotivated by recent dramatic developments in the field, this book provides a thorough introduction to spin and its role in elementary particle physics. Starting with a simple pedagogical introduction to spin and its relativistic generalisation, the author successfully avoids the obscurity and impenetrability of traditional treatments of the subject. The book surveys the main theoretical and experimental developments of recent years, as well as discussing exciting plans for the future. Emphasis is placed on the importance of spin-dependent measurements in testing QCD and the Standard Model. This book will be of value to graduate students and researchers working in all areas of quantum physics and particularly in elementary particle and high energy physics. It is suitable as a supplementary text for graduate courses in theoretical and experimental particle physics.
- Author BiographyElliot Leader is Senior Research Fellow at Imperial College, London. He received his PhD from the University of Cambridge and in 1967 became Professor of Theoretical Physics at Westfield College, London. In 1984 he took up the Chair of Theoretical Physics at Birkbeck College, London, where he worked for 16 years. Professor Leader has done research in universities and laboratories throughout the world, including CERN, Brookhaven, Fermilab, California Institute of Technology and the Lawrence Radiation Laboratory, Berkeley.
- Author(s)Elliot Leader
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/07/2001
- Series TitleCambridge Monographs on Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics & Cosmology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 15
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note132 b/w illus.
- Weight1250 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.