All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpinal Injuries and Conditions in Young Athletes provides a comprehensive, in-depth review of the mechanisms and management of back injuries and problems occurring in this ever-growing and active population. Led by Dr. Lyle Micheli and his co-editors, an award-winning group of orthopedists discusses and explores common adolescent spine injuries and procedures, in addition to breakthroughs in gene therapy, tissue engineering, and complex operations. As spine surgery is among the most complex and challenging procedures performed in orthopedics, special considerations and procedures are required in pediatric populations. Since many corrective surgeries run the risk of arthritis later in life, particular efforts must be made in young populations to prevent future injury in a child's adolescence and young adulthood while maximizing return-to-play potential. Chapters cover acute spinal injuries, concussions, overuse injuries, spinal malformations, tumors, infections and inflammatory diseases across the range of athletics, including swimming and combat sports. Spinal Injuries and Conditions in Young Athletes provides an immeasurable guide for back surgery in pediatric populations and will be a go-to resource for practitioners and residents in pediatric orthopedics and sports medicine.
- Author BiographyLyle Micheli, MD, Children's Hospital Boston, Division of Sports Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Cynthia Stein, MD, Children's Hospital Boston, Division of Sports Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Michael O'Brien, MD, Children's Hospital Boston, Division of Sports Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Pierre d'Hemecourt, MD, Children's Hospital Boston, Division of Sports Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/11/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Pediatric and Adolescent Sports Medicine
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note145 black & white illustrations, 39 colour illustrations, 23 black & white tables, biography
- Weight674 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCynthia Stein,Lyle J. Micheli,Michael O'Brien,Pierre A. d'Hemecourt
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.