All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most exciting developments in medicine in this century has been the discovery of opioid receptors and their pharmacology. The breadth of kw- edge derived from such discovery has truly changed the practice of medicine today. The acceptance by the clinicians of the research data obtained by the basic scientist on spinal opioids is truly amazing. The clinical sequelae of the discovery of opioid receptors has been the development of the technique of intraspinal administration of opioids. In the last decade much has been written about indications, effects, and side effects of intraspinal opioids. The technique has become commonplace for cancer and postoperative pain. However, standards of care and management of patients with spinally administered opioids have been developed. We need these standards to be developed and universally followed. The mograph was conceived to update clinicians on the applied pharma- cology of spinal opioids. We were fortunate to have Drs. N. Rawal and D. Coombs agree to edit this mograph. They have been able to assemble world-rewned experts as contributing authors. It is our hope that the con- tents of this book will be stimulating, informative, and useful to the reader. PREFACE Much has been written about the subject of spinal opioid analgesia, includ- ing several table reviews. We were stimulated to assemble this particular volume in this important series on pain management initiated by Dr. Raj for a number of reasons.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCurrent Management of Pain
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight260 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byDennis W. Coombs,Narinder Rawal
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.