Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1973, this publication has provided you with examples of products and services developed as a direct result of the transfer of NASA developed techlogies to private industry. Then-we featured fire retardant materials; w-we talk about n-invasive cardiac monitors. Then-we reported about air pollution detection devices; w-we discuss sensors for environmental control. Then-we heard about vitreous carbon materials to be used for prosthetics; w-we design major propulsion systems used in the development of energy saving jet engines. Research and development in such areas as microcircuitry, fiber optics, enhanced imaging, material processing-to name just a few-has generated techlogy for decades. It is available to private industry in a vast storehouse easily accessible through NASA's Commercial Techlogy Network. The application of NASA techlogies by the private sector increases productivity through the development of new products and processes that meet consumer demands; in turn, this benefits the national ecomy, industrial efficiency and human welfare. At the same time, it helps meet international challenges and aid U.S. industry to stay globally one step ahead of every scientific and techlogical invation. The return in benefits (spiffs) to you the taxpayer, through new industries, new products and services, and improved quality of life, represents a substantial dividend on the national investment in aerospace research. This publication will continue to heighten your awareness of the techlogy, kw-how and assistance available for transfer, and the public benefit inherent in its utilization.
- Author(s)National Aeronautics and Administration
- Date of Publication20/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.