All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionSpiza is among the most pivotal thinkers in the history of philosophy. He has had a deep and enduring influence on a wide range of philosophical subjects, and his work is encountered by all serious students of Western philosophy. His Ethics is one of the seminal works of metaphysical, moral, religious and political thought; his Theological-Political Treatise inaugurated a vel method of biblical exegesis; and both his political works developed the pre-eminence of democracy above all other regimes. Nevertheless, the significance of Spiza's philosophy is matched by its complexity. His system presents a considerable challenge for the modern student; his language is frequently opaque, while the esoteric themes explored in his work often require elucidation. Spiza: Basic Concepts intends to overcome most of such difficulties. Each essay in this collection explores a key concept involved in Spiza's thinking, relating it to his understanding of philosophy, outlining the arguments and explaining the implications of each concept. Together, the chapters cover the full range of Spiza's interdisciplinary system of philosophy.
- Author BiographyAndre Santos Campos is Lecturer in Philosophy of Law, Early Modern Political Thought and Ethics at Lisbon, where he received his BA and MA in Law and his Ph.D. in Philosophy. His research interests are in the early modern period, theoretical ethics, participatory democracy, and contemporary legal theory.
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Content Note1 index
- Weight604 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAndre Santos Campos
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK),Trade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.