All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis book considers the academic treatment of biblical interpretation in the renewal movement, the fastest growing tradition in Christendom today. After an initial chapter surveying the history of biblical interpretation in the renewal tradition, Part II outlines a proposal for the future of biblical hermeneutics in the tradition. Six renewal scholars address key questions. What is the role of the Holy Spirit in biblical interpretation? What are the distinctive presuppositions, methods and goals of renewal biblical hermeneutics? Three prominent biblical scholars (Craig G. Bartholomew, James D.G. Dunn, R. Walter L. Moberly) respond to the proposals outlined above. These critical responses deepen the examination of renewal biblical hermeneutics as well as increase its appeal to biblical and theological scholars in general. The final chapter offers a synthesis and evaluation of the accomplishments of the discussion, as well as an assessment of the state of the discipline with an eye toward the future.
- Author BiographyArchie T. Wright (Ph.D., Durham University) is Associate Professor of Biblical Studies at the School of Divinity, Regent University and is the author of The Origin of Evil Spirits (2005). Kevin L. Spawn (D.Phil., Oxford University) is Associate Professor of Old Testament at the School of Divinity, Regent University and is author of As It Is Written and Other Citation Formulae in the Old Testament: Their Use, Development, Syntax and Significance (2002).
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight356 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byArchie T. Wright,Kevin L. Spawn
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.