All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionIn this remarkable collection of essays, acclaimed writer Brian Doyle offers resurrections, restorations, reconsiderations, appreciations, enthusiasms, headlong solos, laughing prayers, imaginary meetings with most unusual and most interesting men. Geographically and chrologically diverse-Plutarch of Greece; William Blake of England; Robert Louis Stevenson of Scotland; James Joyce and Van Morrison of Ireland; and others-Doyle sees them as men of immense spiritual substance, prayerful fury, ermous grace, men concerned with the moral grapple and the sinuous crucial puzzle of love. In telling the stories of these talented, troubled, and extraordinary men, Doyle discerns clues about how to be a good man, headlong in the pursuit of love and capable of greatness.
- Author BiographyBRIAN DOYLE is the editor of Portland Magazine. His work has been widely published in journals such as the Atlantic Monthly, the American Scholar, Harper's, Christian Century, Commonweal, and America. His previous collections of essays are Leaping, Credo, Saints Passionate and Peculiar, and Two Voices (written with his father, Jim Doyle), and he is the editor of God Is Love: Essays from Portland Magazine.
- Author(s)Brian Doyle
- PublisherCowley Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/01/2004
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCowley Publications,U.S.
- Weight236 g
- Width144 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.