All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe first clue to the mysteries surrounding a scientist's disappearance and a banker's death is provided when 6-year-old Austen Fisher writes a letter to Santa questioning his existence. Her doubt sets in motion a chain of events that places her and her family at the center of a plot to kill Santa Claus, hijack Christmas and exploit mankind's focus on greed and exploitation of the holiday season. Paying homage to Charles Dickens classic tale, 'A Christmas Carol', 'Spirits in a Material World' picks up where he left off by cleverly re-imagining the original roles of the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future. In spectacular detail, it transforms the tiny, toy-making hamlet of North Pole into a techlogically advanced metropolis, home to Christmas Industries and its CEO, Santa Claus. Along the way, it delivers a witty, yet biting commentary on today's 'greed is good' ecomy, while relaying a powerful message of love, hope, charity, and faith in everything Christmas represents.
- Author BiographyPrimarily a fine artist, Colin Quashie is best known for challenging audiences with his brand of controversial social commentary and shows little sign of mellowing anytime soon. Starting with Mad-Tv in 1996, he has financed his art by writing comedy for television and freelances as a graphic artist and designer in between writing gigs. 'Spirits in a Material World' is his first novel and based on his outline for an original screenplay. Born in London, England, he currently lives in Charleston, SC with his lovely wife, Cathy, and continues pursuing opportunities to expose his art to a wider audience.
- Author(s)Colin Quashie
- PublisherQuashie Art
- Date of Publication31/03/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuashie Art
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.