All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a study of contemporary spirituality as it is practiced in the world today, characterized by its secular and inclusive nature, and applied to art and art education. It identifies the issues facing a formal introduction of contemporary spiritual concepts into a secular and multicultural arts educational environment. Lander begins by separating the tion of the spiritual from the study of organized religions. She uses examples of art from different cultures in contemporary spiritual systems, making the study a reference book for contemporary spirituality and spirituality in art education, with usable definitions and practical examples suitable for scholars in art and visual studies, art education, and contemporary spirituality.
- Author BiographyJanis Lander is an artist and writer based in Sydney, Australia. She was contributing editor of the online arts journal The College Voice at the University of New South Wales from 2003-2012. She is now teaching Art and Philosophy of the Spirit at the University of Sydney, Australia.
- Author(s)Janis Lander
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Art and Visual Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note43 black & white illustrations, 41 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.