Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionBoredom is a crisis of our age. In religious terms, boredom is sapping spirituality of its mystic and wholesome benefits, slowly corroding our ability to recognize blessing and beauty in our<p> lives, to experience wonder and awe. What happens when our need for constant newness minimizes our interest in prayer, learning, and the mysteries of nature?<p> This intriguing look at spiritual boredom helps us understand just what this condition is, particularly as it relates to Judaism, and what the absence of inspiration means to the present and future of the Jewish tradition. Drawing insights from psychology, philosophy, and theology as well as ancient Jewish texts, Dr. Erica Brown explores the many ways boredom manifests itself within Judaismin the community, classroom, and synagogueand shows its potential powerful cultural impact on a faith structure that advises sanctifying time, t merely passing it.
- Author(s)Dr Erica Brown,Erica Brown
- PublisherJewish Lights Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJewish Lights Publishing
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.