Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionSpirituality, Theology and Mental Health provides reflections from leading international scholars and practitioners in theology, anthropology, philosophy and psychiatry as to the nature of spirituality and its relevance to constructions of mental disorder and mental healthcare. Key issues are explored in depth, including the nature of spirituality and recent debates concerning its importance in contemporary psychiatric practice, relationship between demons and wellbeing in ancient religious texts and contemporary practice, religious conversion, and the nature and importance of myth and theology in shaping human self understanding. These are used as a basis for exploring some of the overarching intellectual and practical issues that arise when different disciplines engage together with an attempt to better understand the relationship between spirituality and mental health and translate their findings into mental healthcare practice.
- Author BiographyChristopher Cook is Professor in Spirituality, Theology & Health in the Department of Theology & Religion at Durham University and an Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist with Tees, Esk & Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust.
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight346 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byChristopher Cook
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.