All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany hospice social workers must address spiritual issues with their clients, but do t feel competent to do so effectively. This targeted volume draws upon multidisciplinary theory and research to advance a relational model of spiritually sensitive hospice care. The book will help readers elevate their spiritual competence and foster a relationship with their clients that will enrich the experience for all involved. Spirituality and Hospice Social Work helps practitioners understand various forms of spiritual assessment for use with their clients. The book teaches practitioners to recognize a client's spiritual needs and resources, as well as signs of spiritual suffering. It also discusses religious and spiritual practices that clients may use to enhance their spiritual coping. Spirituality and Hospice Social Work stresses the need for interdisciplinary collaboration with other members of the hospice team, along with the value of maintaining professional ethical standards when addressing spiritual issues. Throughout, the importance of spiritual sensitivity and its effect upon client well-being is emphasized.
- Author BiographyAnn M. Callahan is professor at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville College of Social Work. She has a license in clinical social work with more than twenty years of social work related clinical, administrative, and teaching experience. For the past ten years, she has been researching the spiritual dimensions of the therapeutic relationship in an effort to inform quality hospice social work.
- Author(s)Ann M. Callahan
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2017
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleEnd of Life Care: A Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content NoteFigures: 7,
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.