Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionDialogue is at the center of the nine chapters in this book, the third in a series emanating from the 1st Global Conference on Spirituality: Theory, Praxis and Pedagogy held in Prague, Czech Republic in March 2011. The authors engage in a variety of conversations - between teacher and student, therapist and patient, author and author - central to the emerging field of Spirituality Studies. They describe the spiritual dimensions of work being done in academic and applied fields around the world, such as adult and religious education, leadership, naturalism, health care, and literature. Throughout, the authors explore experiences of spirituality in the human search for meaning, belonging, suffering, healing, and forgiveness. Life, wrote James W. Carey, is like an ongoing conversation which started before you were born, in which you get to participate and contribute while you are alive, and which continues on after you die. As such, these essays invite readers to participate in and as the essential, ongoing, universal conversation of humans, being.
- Author BiographyJohn L. Hochheimer, Ph.D.,is Professor of Communication in the College of Mass Communication and Media Arts at Southern Illinois University Carbondale, USA. His research and writing has focused on community-based media for social change and the spiritual foundations of communication. He is co-organizer of the 1st Global Conference on Spirituality: Theory, Praxis and Pedagogy held in Prague, Czech Republic in March 2011. Jane Fernandez-Goldborough is a senior academic and administrator at Avondale College of Higher Education, Cooranbong, Australia. Jane's research interests include diaspora related issues, post-colonial literature, sacralised violence and spirituality.
- PublisherInter-Disciplinary Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationFreeland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInter-Disciplinary Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight239 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJane Fernandez-Goldborough,John L. Hochheimer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementFirst
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.