All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume completes the Aircraft of the Aces trilogy on the elite pilots that flew the Spitfire in World War II. The Spitfire Mk V was the workhorse of the wartime marks, being flown in combat across the globe. It was the first of its type to be built in sufficient numbers to allow it to serve in the Far East, Australia, North Africa and Russia. A robust machine, it was often outclassed by the Luftwaffe's Fw 190. Nevertheless, pilots of the calibre of Malan, Tuck, Johnson, Beurling, Caldwell and Duke all enjoyed success with the Mk V and are described in the book.
- Author BiographyEx-RAF aircrew, Dr. Alfred Price works as an aviation author and defence analyst. He has written several titles on the Spitfire for the Osprey Aircraft of the Aces series.
- Author(s)Dr. Alfred Price
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/11/1997
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Aircraft of the Aces S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.16
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note100 b&w and 40 colour illustrations
- Weight309 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.