All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Spitfire turns 80 on 5 March 2016, and the passion for the RAF's best-loved fighter is running at an all-time high. There are more than 50 Spitfires flying in the world today, and John Dibbs has shot virtually all of them 'on the wing' in his breathtaking style. This eye-catching book combines a unique collection of stunning photos with poignant first-hand accounts of flying the aeroplane in combat, from some of the most famous aces to ever pilot the Spitfire, and from some of the pilots forgotten by history. Chronicling the history of the most iconic of British aircraft this is a 'must have' purchase for aviation enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyJohn Dibbs is unquestionably the world's premier aerial photographer, having gained access to most of the 55 airworthy Spitfires presently flying across the globe. He has also amassed an amazing collection of related ephemera over the past 25 years, much of it Spitfire related - helmets, flying clothing logbooks medals, archive photography etc. - all of which will be included in this volume. Osprey Aviation Editor since 1989, Tony Holmes is a native of Fremantle, Western Australia. Responsible for devising the Aircraft of the Aces, Combat Aircraft, Elite Units and Duel series, Tony has also written more than 30 books for Osprey over the past 26 years, including the original Spitfire - Flying Legend with John Dibbs in 1996.
- Author(s)John M. Dibbs,Tony Holmes
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note95 b/w, 90 col
- Weight1551 g
- Width237 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsImitation cloth
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.