All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes in detail the key algorithms needed for computing with spline functions and illustrates their use in solving several basic problems in numerical analysis, including function approximation, numerical quadrature, data fitting, and the numerical solution of PDE's. The focus is on computational methods for bivariate splines on triangulations in the plane and on the sphere, although both univariate and tensor-product splines are also discussed.* Contains numerous examples and figures to illustrate the methods and their performance. * All of the algorithms in the book have been coded in a separate MATLAB package available for license. The package can be used to run all of the examples in the book and also provides readers with the essential tools needed to create software for their own applications. * In addition to the included bibliography, a list of over 100 pages of additional references can be found on the book's website.
- Author BiographyLarry Schumaker was a Professor of Mathematics at both the University of Texas, Austin, and Texas A&M University, and since 1988 has been the Stevenson Professor of Mathematics at Vanderbilt University. He is a SIAM Fellow and a Member of the Norwegian Academy of Sciences. In addition to editing 40 conference proceedings and translating a number of books from German, he is the author of Spline Functions: Basic Theory, and a coauthor of Spline Functions on Triangulations. His research continues to focus on spline functions and their applications.
- Author(s)Larry L. Schumaker
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1060 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.