All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver 440 vivid color images display the wide range of ceramics produced by the English pottery firm, established by Josiah Spode in the 1760s and continuing today. From historic blue and white transfer printed wares of the early 1800s to popular dinnerware patterns of the 1900s, this book includes sprig decorated wares, delicate bone china table and tea sets, graceful figurines, and sturdy stoneware candlesticks and loving cups. The famous and much coveted patterns represented include Willow, Rosebud Chintz, Patricia, and Tower. Organized by periods of production, the fascinating text provides a history of the Spode firm through the centuries and its various name changes. Included are techniques for dating Spode ceramics, maker's marks, a bibliography, and index. Values are found in the captions. This book is a must for everyone who appreciates fine English ceramics.
- Author BiographySteven Smith is partner in a china replacement business and has collected Spode and Copeland ceramics for many years. He resides in Salem, Oregon.
- Author(s)Steven Smith
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note442 color photos
- Weight1520 g
- Width221 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.