All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Bunyon and Babe, Native American Indians, ghosts, river mysteries, and more populate the pages of Spooky Wisconsin. You'll meet the shrouded horseman of Milwaukee, the troll of Mount Horeb, the dark horse of the Dells, and more as you join folklorist S. E. Schlosser to discover the spooky stories from the Badger state, from the Illiis border to Lake Superior, and the Mississippi River to Lake Michigan.
- Author BiographyS. E. Schlosser has been telling stories since she was a child, when games of let's pretend quickly built themselves into full-length stories. She created and maintains the Web site AmericanFolklore.net, where she shares a wealth of stories from all 50 states, some dating back to the origins of America. She lives near the Hudson River in New York State. Paul Hoffman illustrates books of many genres-children's titles, textbooks, short story collections, natural history volumes, and cookbooks. For the Spooky series, he employs a scratchboard technique and an active imagination. He lives in Massachusetts.
- Author(s)S. E. Schlosser
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication13/08/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleSpooky
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight18 g
- Width161 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Paul Hoffman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.