All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the range of theoretical and methological positions adopted and the wide range of issues and topics related to advertising covered by cultural studies, relationships between sport and advertising have been largely overlooked. Given its gobal popularity and its prevalence across the spectrum of cultural and commercial life it is t surprising that scholars interrogating the cultural politics of sport have begun to recognise advertising as an important site for the analysis of power relations, cultural politics and cultural repesentation. Sport, Culture and Advertising presents a first step towards understanding the relationship between advertising and identity with a focus on sport. The book will be useful for scholars across a range of disciplines and will be of interest to students looking for a more critical examination of the commercial realm of sport.
- Author BiographySteven J. Jackson is an Associate Professor in the School of Physical Education, University of Otago. He has published in numerous scholarly journals including: Sociology of Sport Journal, International Review for the Sociology of Sport, Journal of Sport and Social Issues, and Media, Culture & Society. He is currently General Secretary for the International Sociology of Sport Association (ISSA) and has served on the editorial board for the Sociology of Sport Journal. David L. Andrews is an Associate Professor in the Sport Commerce and Culture Program, Department of Kinesiology, and an Affiliate Faculty in the Department of American Studies, at the University of Maryland, College Park. His research and teaching focuses on the critical examination of contemporary sport culture. He has been a guest editor of the Sociology of Sport Journal, and is presently Assistant Editor of the Journal of Sport and Social Issues.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2004
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDavid L. Andrews,Steven J. Jackson
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.