All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionSport Funding and Finance provides a complete introduction to the macro-level and micro-level aspects of sport finance. It describes the evolution of sport from a kitchen-table operation into the sophisticated, boardroom-driven global financial industry that it is today. It uses the professional sports leagues of the US and Europe as an international benchmark, and explains why the financial context is so important for all managers working in sport. The book also provides a step-by-step introduction to the principles and practice of effective financial management, providing the reader with a complete set of professional tools and skills for use in the sport industry. Now in a fully revised and updated new edition, the book develops the reader's understanding by first explaining basic concepts in finance and accounting before progressing to more complex issues and ideas. It covers every key topic in financial management, including: * Planning and strategy * Budgeting * Financial projections * Fundraising * Pricing * Costing * Feasibility studies * Ecomic impact analysis * Ratio analysis Every chapter includes a blend of theory, contextual material and real-world data and case studies from around the world, clearly linking principles to practice, as well as review questions and problem-solving exercises to test the reader's understanding. Sport Funding and Finance is the perfect foundation text for any degree-level course in sport finance, and an invaluable reference for any sport management professional looking to deepen their understanding of funding and finance.
- Author BiographyBob Stewart is Associate Professor in Sport Management and Policy at Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia. He is also an affiliate of the University's Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living (ISEAL). Bob has taught both undergraduate and postgraduate sport management programs for fifteen years, and is one of Australia's leading sport management educators. His primary responsibilities have been sport finance, the management of drugs and supplements in sport settings, and sport regulation.
- Author(s)Bob Stewart
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/07/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSport Management Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note85 black & white tables
- Weight680 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.