All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, the first examination of the political nature of sport and leisure in Northern Ireland, is the product of a number of years of experience and research into sport, leisure and socio-political relations in the province. It fulfils three overlapping functions: it's a book about the political sociology of sport in Northern Ireland; it's an addition to the literature of political sociology of Northern Ireland in general; finally it's an important contribution to the growing body of kwledge about sport and politics in general. The study is centred on an explanation of the relationship between the state of Northern Ireland and the forces which determine the shape and substance of its distinctive civil societies: sectarianism, ethnicity, nationalism and social class.
- Author(s)Alan Bairner,John Sugden
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/06/1995
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleSport, Politics & Culture S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLeicester University Press
- Content Notereferences
- Weight270 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.