All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSport and Exercise Psychology Research: From Theory to Practice provides a comprehensive summary of new research in sport and exercise psychology from worldwide researchers. Encompassing theory, research, and applications, the book is split into several themed sections. Section 1 discusses basic antecedents to performance including fitness, practice, emotion, team dynamics, and more. Section 2 identifies factors influencing individual performance. Section 3 discusses applied sport psychology for athletes and coaches, and section 4 includes approaches from exercise psychology on motivation and well-being. The book includes a mix of award winning researchers from the European Sport Psychology Association, along with top researchers from the U.S. to bring an international overview to sport psychology.
- Author BiographyProfessor Markus Raab (GSU) is Head of the Institute of Psychology at the German Sport University and Head of the Performance Psychology Department. Additionally, he is Research Professor of Psychology at London South Bank University, UK. The main focus of the research programme in performance psychology is on judgement and decision making in sports, health and peak performance. He favours a simple heuristic approach and an embodied cognition approach to understanding the interaction of sensorimotor and cognitive behaviour from a psychological perspective. Prof. Raab has about 80 scientific publications in well to highly ranked journals, was awarded by European and international scientific associations and has supervised 10 PhDs in graduate schools or in individual supervision.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAnne-Marie Elbe,Antonis Hatzigeorgiadis,Markus Raab,Paul Wylleman,Roland Seiler
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.