All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionThis stimulating anthology provides a scholarly perspective on the history of sport. New and exciting dimensions of sport history are introduced by exploring its political, ecomic, social, and cultural aspects. Race relations and racism in sport, the interaction of sports and politics, sexism and the role of women in sports, and the role that the profit motive plays in sports are among the topics covered. The impact of American attitudes toward violence as they apply to sport, and sport's powerful role in reinforcing class values are also reviewed from a historical perspective.
- Author Biographyivey /f Donald /r ed.
- Author(s)Donald Spivey
- Date of Publication20/09/1985
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleContributions to the Study of Popular Culture
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 12
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight488 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.