All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on such varied sites as British cinema, global celebrity, racialized education policy, and Disney, Sporting Pedagogies illustrates how trans/national sporting cultures, intermediaries, and institutions actively work as pedagogical sites to hegemonically re-inscribe and re-present neo-liberal discourses on sport, culture, nation, and democracy throughout the ascendant global capitalist order. Written in the progressive tradition of Norman K. Denzin, Henry Giroux, Lawrence Grossberg, and Peter McLaren, Michael D. Giardina poignantly - and at times, devastatingly - captures the shifting terrain of social and political contestation and negotiation at play in the modern world. This book is a must-read for students in cultural studies, communications research, sport studies, and globalization.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Michael D. Giardina is Visiting Research Scholar in the Institute of Communications Research at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. He has published widely on sport, race, and the politics of culture.
- Author(s)Michael D. Giardina
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number282
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight310 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.