All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to provide a critical crimilogical perspective on sport and the connections between sport and crime. It draws on the inter-disciplinary nature of crimilogy and incorporates emerging perspectives like social harm, gender and sexuality, and green crimilogy. Written from an international perspective, it covers topics including sports scandals and the possibility of crime prevention through sport. American football, boxing, soccer and sumo are all examined. The book considers both sports law and the sociology of sport and will be essential reading for students and academics in these fields.
- Author BiographyNic Groombridge is a Senior Lecturer at St Mary's University, Twickenham and researches on media, gender, masculinities, CCTV, car crime, surveillance, criminal justice policy and politics, virtual criminology and video games, green criminology, queer criminology, cultural criminology and sport. He has published widely on these topics and is regularly invited to comment in the media. Nic also writes a blog: http://publiccriminology.weebly.com/index.html and a sports criminology one: http://sportscriminology.blogspot.co.uk/. He tweets as @criminology4u. A one-time rugby union player, he now mostly jogs but has participated in a wide variety of sports.
- Author(s)Nic Groombridge
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication14/06/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleNew Horizons in Criminology
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.