All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $89.99
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionLooking toward a future with increasingly hybridized media offerings, Sports Media: Transformation, Integration, Consumption examines sports media scholarship and its role in facilitating understanding of the increasingly complex world of sports media. Ackwledging that consumer demand for sports media content has influenced nearly every major techlogy invation of the past several decades, chapters included herein assess existing scholarship while positing important future questions about the role sports media will play in the daily lives of sports fans worldwide. Contributions from well-kwn scholars are supplemented by work from younger researchers doing new work in this area. Developed for the Broadcast Education Association's Electronic Media Research series, this volume will be required reading for graduate and undergraduate students in media, communication, sociology, marketing, and sports management, and will serve as a valuable reference for future research in sports media.
- Author BiographyAndrew C. Billings arrived at the University of Alabama in 2011, where he assumed the role of the Ronald Reagan Chair of Broadcasting. He is the author of six books, including Olympic Media: Inside the Biggest Show on Television (Routledge, 2008). Additionally, he is also the author of over 50 refereed journal articles and book chapters and his work has won numerous awards from organizations such as the National Communication Association and the Broadcast Education Association. His work in the classroom at Clemson University also earned him many teaching awards. He has consulted with many sports media agencies and is a past holder of the Invited Chair of Olympism at the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleElectronic Media Research Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAndrew C. Billings
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.