All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionTurf and amenity grasslands in their multifarious form, including sport pitches, playing fields, golf courses, lawns, motorway embankments, roadside verges, urban parks and open spaces, have a significant impact on our everyday lives. Each year central government, local authorities, sports clubs and other organizations spend large sums of money establishing, maintaining and managing such grasslands. It is essential that all these bodies meet proper standards of provision and manage their grassland efficiently and in an environmentally friendly and cost-effective way. This book will help them to achieve these objectives. Topics covered: grasses and their uses; all aspects of mowing, including the effects on the grass plant and the machines that are available; irrigation; nutrition and fertilizer application; aeration, thatch control and top-dressing; pests, diseases and weeds; turf establishment and revation; species-rich swards.
- Author BiographyStewart Brown is a Senior Lecturer in the Dept of Landscape Management at Writtle College, Essex where he teaches agronomic sports-turf and amenity-landscape to undergraduates. He has over twenty-five years' experience of sports-turf and amenity-horticulture industries. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Groundsmanship.
- Author(s)Stewart Brown
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2005
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note8 page colour section & 80 black & white photographs
- Weight550 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.