All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive introduction to the workings of the business, Sportscasters/Sportscasting: Principles and Practices explains all of the information essential to anyone looking to begin a career in sports media. This unique volume explores topics in print and broadcast media, sports psychology, techlogy issues, politics and legalities, ethics, and even the role of sports and sportscasting in society. Other topics discussed include the historical development and ecomics of sports and sportscasting, sports spectators, sports controversies, sociological perspectives, and sports journalism. Sportscasters/Sportscasting: Principles and Practices is filled with kwledge essential to the craft of sportscasting, including numerous appendices containing acronyms and biographic information about over 200 sportscasters, and a complete Instructor's Manual with exercises to help guide students toward mastery of the topic. Please visit http://LKFullerSport.com for more information and to download the Instructor's Manual.
- Author BiographyLinda K. Fuller, PhD, has taught sportscasting for the Communications Department ofWorcester State College for several years. In addition to journal articles on the baseball film genre, she has done extensive research and is published on topics such as the Olympic Games, locker room issues, Magic Johnson, the Super Bowl, Dennis Miller and Monday Night Football, YaoMing, Pat Tillman, and sport violence. She is the author or co-author of more than 20 books and 250+ publications, including Sport, Rhetoric, and Gender: Historical Perspectives and Media Representations (2006) and Community Media: International Perspectives (2007). Professor Fuller has been awarded Fulbrights to teach in Singapore and to do AIDS-related research in Senegal, and she is currently a Senior Fellow at Northeastern University.
- Author(s)Linda K. Fuller
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/06/2008
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.