All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionSince the pioneering text by Mathur and Epstein over 35 years ago, much of the work on this subject has been extended or superseded, producing an ermous body of scattered literature. This edited volume unifies the subject, pulling material together and underpinning it with fundamental theory to produce the only complete, up-to-date reference on all major areas of spouted bed research and practice. With contributions from internationally rewned research groups, this book guides the reader through new developments, insights and models. The hydrodynamic and reactor models of spouted and spout-fluid beds are examined, as well as such topics as particle segregation, heat and mass transfer, mixing and scale-up. Later chapters focus on drying, particle-coating and energy-related applications based on spouted and spout-fluid beds. This is a valuable resource for chemical and mechanical engineers in research and industry.
- Author BiographyNorman Epstein is Honorary Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at the University of British Columbia. His research areas during the past 60 years have focused on heat, mass and momentum transfer; on the fluid-particle dynamics of spouted beds; and on various aspects of heat exchanger fouling. A former President of the Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering, and a previous Editor of the Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, he has more than 200 publications. Professor Epstein is a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering and the Chemical Institute of Canada. John R. Grace is Professor and Canada Research Chair in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at the University of British Columbia. He has more than 40 years of experience working on fluidized and spouted beds, fluid-particle systems and multiphase flow. His work includes reactor design, heat and mass transfer, hydrodynamics, and applications. Professor Grace has published widely, and has lectured and consulted for industry in these fields.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/12/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note158 b/w illus. 40 tables
- Weight860 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byJohn R. Grace,Norman Epstein
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.