Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA love story set in Tokyo in 1912, when the supremacy of the ancient aristocracy is being challenged for the first time by rich provincial families whose wealth make them formidable contenders for political power.
- Author BiographyYukio Mishima was born in Tokyo in 1925. He graduated from Tokyo Imperial University's School of Jurisprudence in 1947. His first published book, The Forest in Full Bloom, appeared in 1944 and he established himself as a major author with Confessions of a Mask (1949). From then until his death he continued to publish novels, short stories, and plays each year. His crowning achievement, The Sea of Fertility tetralogy--which contains the novels Spring Snow (1969), Runaway Horses (1969), The Temple of Dawn (1970), and The Decay of the Angel (1971)--is considered one of the definitive works of twentieth century Japanese fiction. In 1970, at the age of 45 and the day after completing the last novel in the Fertility series, Mishima committed seppuku (ritual suicide)--a spectacular death that attracted worldwide attention.
- Author(s)Yukio Mishima
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/1991
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight318 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.63Trending at AU $53.20
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.